The basic idea of all Spheretex products is to combine high-modulus fibers (mainly glass fibers) with extremely light microspheres. Thus it is possible to produce composite materials of both superior mechanical properties and very low specific weight.
Spheretex products are used as core materials for sandwich laminates, which – according to classical sandwich technology- are covered with reinforcing fiber layers on top and bottom side and impregnated with resin.
This results in FRP laminates of superior homogeneity compared to classic sandwich laminates made with wood, PVC foam or honeycomb.
Beside outstanding homogeneity Spheretex’ core materials are characterized by outstanding physical-technical properties such as impact, bending and shear strength as well as excellent bonding between various laminate layers.
This website provides a product filter which helps to find a suitable core material for your application. Please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you wish to receive further information about the applications of Spheretex core materials. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Quick and easy processing
- Laminates with outstanding technical properties
- Low specific weight
- Efficient wet-in-wet processing
- Same resin for the entire laminate (core and covering layers)
- Low water absorption (less than 1% after 28 days of water-test)
- Outstanding impact resistance and shear strength
- Excellent surface quality
- All-in-one solutions (several plies of core material/ flow medium / reinforcement combined to a single-layer material)